Get an up close interaction with the Humming birds feeding them from a bottle with sugar and water, while they perch on your finger.
The Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, located just outside Montego Bay, was owned and run for many years by Lisa Salmon, and continues to be run as a sanctuary following her death. Her nephew Fitz is now in charge, and has been associated with the site for 15 years.
Hand-feed hummingbirds and marvel at the variety of bird life at the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary on a 2-hour tour from Montego Bay.
The sanctuary is home to thousands of birds from Jamaica and migrant birds who have flown thousands of miles to feed here. The Red-billed Streamertail and Jamaica Mango are so tame that they will come straight to a handheld bottle of sugar water and some will even sit on your finger to feed.
Jamaica has 4 resident species of hummingbird, 3 of which can be found at the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, but the fourth, the Black-billed Streamertail, is found only on the very eastern part of the island.
Put some seed on your hand to attract the Black-faced Grassquit, Yellow-faced Grassquit, and Orangequit. See the Bananaquit and Greater Antillean Bullfinch hopping around the feeders.
Book This Tour Today and SAVE BIG!!
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What’s not included
Entrance fee $20 USD per person $10 per child
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Shop for souvenirs and duty-free goods with an optional stop in Montego Bay
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time, cabin number if available and each passenger names. Dress code is casual
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.